June 16, 2015
DMP introduces the first in-line of SecureCom Smart Z-Wave devices now in stock. The Z-5010T Thermostat is battery operated for quick installation and is esthetically pleasing to any decor. This will replace the model Z-TZEMT400AB3NX Z-Wave Thermostat. Pricing and functionality remain the same, and stock will switch to the new thermostat immediately.
The Z-5010T thermostat is fully programmable, provides complete Z-Wave communication, and can even operate as a Z-Wave repeater. Its battery-only operation means it does not require the 5th wire during installation making this a quick install for your technicians so they can spend more time showing the end-user how the thermostat works.
"24VAC lines are a thing of the past. Installers do not need to spend hours replacing existing thermostats with the new Z-5010T device", said Vice President of Product Design, Jeff Britaton. "Now they do what took an hour or more in minutes and what's even better is the customer can change their own batteries when the display indicates low battery".
The Z-Wave thermostat gives users remote control over their heating and cooling system via the Virtual Keypad App. In addition to by-degree temperature control, users may also select Heat, Cool, Auto, Fan, or Off. Z-Wave requires a 738Z Z-Wave module and supports 232 modules.
Other Z-Wave devices already offered by DMP include:
- Light and Appliance Modules: Turn lights on/off, or dim them. Works with incandescent and fluorescent lights.
- Light Switches: Control overhead lighting with Z-Wave compatible light switches that replace existing light switches and use existing wiring.
- Door Locks: Keyless Entry Door locks available in Polished Brass, Satin Nickel and Venetian Bronze.
- Garage Door Controller: Control garage and loading dock doors and always know if it is open or closed.
- LED Light Bulbs: Fast and easy installation, screws into any light bulb socket. Consumes 9 watts of energy and is dimmable to 100 levels.
Once your customers begin using "FAVORITES" on the Virtual Keypad App, they will be able to assign multiple Z-Wave devices to a single command. "ACTIONS" will allow them to automate their devices via Favorites when prompted by an event such as the entry or exit delay. "GEOFENCING" activates Favorites by entering and exiting virtual boundaries.
The Virtual Keypad App is downloaded to a smart phone or mobile device. It provides all the functions of the security system keypad right on the mobile device. Click below to view the latest App update.