SCS-VR provides Central Stations with reliable, high-functioning receiver with no hardware
Digital Monitoring Products (DMP) has released the SCS-VR (Virtual Receiver), an exclusive software-only network service operating as a virtual receiver for network IP and cellular IP alarm communications. The SCS-VR manages all network and cellular alarm signals, supervision, and substitution messages without the maintenance, space, and power requirements of a comparable rack-mounted hardware receiver.
"Most DMP innovations take the form of faster, better, and smarter hardware," said Vice President of Sales, Jeff McAleer. "The SCS-VR is an example of how DMP innovation also extends to services and solutions. Central Stations now have an entirely new and better way to receive signals; a virtual receiver that eliminates most of the drawbacks of a physical receiver while increasing recurring monthly revenue, expanding capacity, and reducing expenses."
The SCS-VR can be used as a primary receiver or backup to existing hardware receivers. In every application, the virtual receiver offers a long list of benefits:
- Flexible product licensing options accommodate applications ranging from small network monitoring organizations to Central Stations monitoring thousands of accounts.
- Advanced diagnostics ensure more reliable service and faster troubleshooting, with full logging of diagnostic data.
- Receivers accept bothnetwork IP and cellular IP messages (primary and secondary paths), ensuring redundant paths for reliability and reporting.
- Group Feature allows Central Stations to "divide" a receiver into multiple receivers, each with its own unique programming for maximum performance.
- AES encryption for strong security.
- Supports the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2005 and SQL Server 2008, with the ability to run on more than one server from the same database.