Designed for Android™ the App is Faster With Many New Features
November 11, 2014
The Virtual Keypad App Version 4.1 is a brand new user interface that integrates an intuitive menu and screens for Android platforms, making it simpler and faster for your customers to navigate their alarm system. Once they try this app, they will be able to easily use the Touchscreen keypad and MyVirtualKeypad.com browser based on the same look and feel.
The new Virtual Keypad™ App 4.1 for Android is available for download at the Google Play Store.
“Version 4.1 is a major enhancement to the Virtual Keypad in terms of navigation, user interface and speed of use,” said Vice President of Sales, Mark NeSmith. “With this new look, DMP is bringing all of its user interfaces to a similar navigation platform so that your customers will be familiar with the entire suite of options. They simply need to pick any one or all of these gorgeous new interfaces."
The updated version of the App adds these abilities:
- User Management: User code management includes the ability to add, delete or edit users from your system.
- History: View history of all system events.
- Push Notification: Receive push notifications of alarm events, arming/disarming, and troubles by other users on the system.
- User Code Entry: User code must be entered to access the system.
- Schedules: View, add, edit, and delete system schedules for arming/disarming, favorites (includes Z-Wave®), outputs, and doors.
- Faulted Zones: when the system is being armed, the App alerts the user to any faulted zones and allows them to be force-armed, bypassed, or the arming process to be stopped so that any problems with the zone can be corrected.
- False-Alarm Reduction: When receiving a burglary alarm Push Notification, “Is This A False Alarm?” is displayed, allowing the user to confirm or cancel the alarm by tapping YES or NO.
- Enhanced Video Verification: If cameras are on the system, users can click on the Alarm Push Notification and open the App to view a list of available camera views, giving them the ability to verify the alarm based on the video clips and live thumbnails.
- Door Control & Lockdown: Lock and unlock doors, and initiate lockdown to all public doors and Z-Wave locks (XR150/XR350/XR550 systems).
- Rooms with a View: Allows users to watch real time device activation when clicking on hotspots embedded in the associated video stream.
These new features build on the already powerful capabilities of the App, including:
- System arming/disarming
- System and panel status
- Z-wave automation of thermostats, light, and locks
- Favorites, which enables control of multiple Z-wave devices with a single touch
- Rooms, a feature that allows users to take a picture of an area and add hotspot control of Z-Wave devices
- Real-time local weather
- View live video from cameras
- User-code management (add, delete, or edit users)
All App features are accessed through an elegant, intuitive interface.
View the Virtual Keypad App in the Google Play Store.
- XR150/XR350/XR550 Version 106 (7/28/14) or higher
- XT30/XT50/XTL Version 119 (7/30/14) or higher
The new Virtual Keypad™ App 4.1 for Android now matches the Apple® 4.1 version.
View the Virtual Keypad App 4.1 Video:
Explore the Virtual Keypad App’s features and functions with any of these resources: