Industry First: DMP SCS-VR provides a reliable, software receiver with no hardware
Digital Monitoring Products (DMP) is pleased to announce that the SCS-VR (Virtual Receiver), an exclusive software-only solution that runs on a server as a virtual receiver for network IP and cellular alarm communications, has received UL listing. The SCS-VR manages all network and cellular alarm signals, supervision, and substitution messages without the maintenance, space, and power requirements of a comparable rack-mounted hardware receiver.
"The UL listing represents a huge step forward for Virtual Receiver technology, and recognition by UL of the transition from hardware to software solutions," said Vice President of Sales, Mark NeSmith. "The SCS-VR is an example of how DMP innovation is keeping up with market demands, meeting the needs of monitoring companies as they increasingly move away from dialup and POTS to Network and Cellular. The SCS-VR provides an entirely new and better way to receive signals; a virtual receiver that eliminates the drawbacks of a physical receiver while providing increased recurring monthly revenue, expanded capacity, and reduced operating expense."
In every application, the virtual receiver offers a long list of benefits:
- Advanced diagnostics ensure more reliable service and faster troubleshooting, with full logging of diagnostic data.
- Receivers accept both network IP and cellular IP messages (primary and secondary paths), ensuring redundant paths for reliability and reporting.
- Group Feature allows the "division" of a receiver into multiple receivers, each with its own unique programming for maximum performance.
- AES encryption for strong security.
- Supports Microsoft® SQL Server®, with the ability to run on more than one server from the same database.
- Flexible product licensing options accommodate applications ranging from small network monitoring organizations to those monitoring tens of thousands of accounts.