Virtual Keypad™ Now Available on the Amazon Echo™
“Hey, Alexa, tell Virtual Keypad to arm my system away.”
May 16, 2017
New Amazon Echo Release:
The DMP Virtual Keypad App is now available as an Amazon Echo skill. The Virtual Keypad skill for the Amazon Echo offers a new way for you to arm your system and conveniently control Z-Wave™ devices. Below is a list of all current functions and commands:
- Arming: All arming commands must start with “Alexa, tell Virtual Keypad to…” Then, say one of these phrases to select an arming type:
- “arm my system home.”
- “arm my system sleep.”
- “arm my system away.”
- “arm my system all.”
- “arm my system perimeter.”
- Favorites: To activate a favorite, say “Alexa, activate (favorite name).”
- Lights: To turn Z-Wave lights on or off, say “Alexa, turn on (light name).” or “Alexa, turn off (light name).” You can also dim Z-Wave lights to any percentage by saying “Alexa, turn on (light name) to (percentage).” For example, “Alexa, turn on kitchen light to 50%.”
- Locks: Z-Wave locks can be locked by saying “Alexa, lock my (lock name).”
- Thermostats: To set the temperature using your Amazon Echo and a Z-Wave thermostat, say “Alexa, set my (upstairs) thermostat temperature to (degree).”
“We are so excited to be able to offer the Virtual Keypad app on all the latest technology,” said DMP Executive Director of Marketing, Mark Hillenburg. “Our hope is for end users to take advantage of the Virtual Keypad throughout their homes and offices, whether with a phone, tablet, TV, or smart home product.”
To get the new Virtual Keypad skill, download the Amazon Alexa App and login with your Amazon account information. Search for the Virtual Keypad skills and enable them - there are two available, and you will need both. Use your Virtual Keypad email address and password to login and select the system you would like to control.
The app is free to download and is included for current app users. The Amazon Echo skill is a convenient way for current Virtual Keypad App users to control several system features by simply using their voice. Learn more by viewing TU-0903.
The Virtual Keypad app is also available on the Apple TV® and coming soon to the Google Home™.
To learn more about the Virtual Keypad on the Amazon Echo, watch this video:
This new Apple TV App builds on the already powerful capabilities of the Current Virtual Keypad App for Apple® and Android™ devices. Current IOS & Android Features include:
- System arming/disarming
- System and panel status
- Z-wave automation of thermostats, light, and locks
- Favorites, which enable control of multiple Z-wave devices with a single touch
- Rooms, a feature that allows users to take a picture of an area and add hotspot control of Z-Wave devices
- Real-time local weather
- View live video from cameras
- User-code management (add, delete, or edit users)
- Schedules: View, add, edit, and delete system schedules for arming/disarming, favorites (includes Z-Wave®), outputs, and doors.
- Faulted Zones: When the system is being armed, the App alerts the user to any faulted zones and allows them to be force-armed, bypassed, or the arming process to be stopped so that any problems with the zone can be corrected.
- False-Alarm Reduction. When receiving a burglary alarm Push Notification, “Is This A False Alarm?” is displayed, allowing the user to confirm or cancel the alarm by tapping "Real Alarm" versus "False Alarm" on the screen.
- Enhanced Video Verification: If cameras are on the system, users can click on the Alarm Push Notification and open the App to view a list of available camera views, giving them the ability to verify the alarm based on the video clips and live thumbnails.
- Door Control & Lockdown: Lock and unlock doors, and initiate lockdown for all public doors and Z-Wave locks (XR150/XR550 systems).
- Rooms with a View: Allow users to watch real-time device activation when clicking on hotspots embedded in the associated video stream.
- Camera Settings: Record on motion & alarm, flip image, and motion detection regions.
- Customizable Home Screen tab to keep frequently used favorites and cameras easily accessible.
- Compatible with the Apple Watch on iOS systems.
Access all App features through an elegant, intuitive interface.